16 years ago, our founder decided to start a mobile game company and called it IUGO, which in Latin means “to connect”. His vision was boldly to do just that; connect people through mobile games. Today we are the longest standing mobile gaming company in Canada with a wide variety of games under our belts including The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, PvPets, Middle-earth: Shadow of War and many more. Our team is full of intelligent and passionate foodies, beer connoisseurs, thrill seekers, musicians, fitness fanatics, leaders, dreamers and of course - GAMERS! For pictures and more information about our space and culture, check out our Instagram and the career page on our website.
As a Game Designer, you will be implementing and designing original, innovative, and compelling games alongside a team of talented individuals. This candidate should be highly self-motivated and display exceptional creativity and organizational skills. The ideal candidate should be interested in crafting engaging, detailed, and balanced games while managing tight deadlines. We will offer you an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come show us what you’ve got!
- Use of extensive in-house workflow tools to design original, innovative, and compelling games with balanced game economies
- Create mockups and prototypes of new game concepts with attention-to-detail and game specifics
- Collaborate closely with the analytics team to maximize monetization and retention
- Communicate effectively with our multi-disciplinary team to ensure intended creative vision is achieved
- Productively provide and accept feedback to maintain and improve on game models
- Remain updated on current trends and game design strategies
- Use your exceptional communication skills to correspond directly with 3rd party publishers
- Design gameplay systems that maximize engagement while ensuring revenue and retention
- Professional game design experience for console or mobile phones
- Experience working with or knowledge of, free-to-play RPG mobile games and F2P best practices (including Gacha systems) on both iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to design creative and balanced free-to-play games
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Extremely self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as in an individual setting
- Previous experience with the development and shipment of AAA titles
- A love and passion for a wide variety of game genres
- Understanding of abstracting game mechanics or free-to-play economic modelling
- Experience with integrating metrics and data analytics into F2P game design
- BA/BS in related discipline or technical equivalent
- Ability to analyze the economy and tweak mechanics to ensure we hit our target KPIs
- 3 weeks paid vacation & 4 personal days per year (earn up to an extra week)
- Epic Fridays with catered lunch & afternoon social hour with drinks
- Game consoles, tables & a tonne of board games
- Lifestyle bonus for your favourite activity
- Company parties, traditions & team building events
- Transit subsidy
- Extended benefits package & MSP coverage
- Lunch & learns, massage chair, fully stocked kitchen, vitamix blender, company swag, team lunches and flexible work from home policy.
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities on our careers page: http://www.iugome.com/careers.html