16 years ago, our founder decided to start a mobile game company and called it IUGO, which in Latin means “to connect”. His vision was boldly to do just that; connect people through mobile games. Today we are the longest standing mobile gaming company in Canada with a wide variety of games under our belts including The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, PvPets, Middle-earth: Shadow of War and many more. Our team is full of intelligent and passionate foodies, beer connoisseurs, thrill seekers, musicians, fitness fanatics, leaders, dreamers and of course - GAMERS! For pictures and more information about our space and culture, check out our Instagram and the career page on our website.
As the Technical Director, you contribute to the growth and development of both the code and the engineering team. We expect you to lead by example when working with the code and be proactive when working with the team. You’ll be developing top-quality games for the iOS and Android platforms alongside a group of passionate and talented individuals.
The ideal candidate should display proven leadership and interpersonal skills, with strong abilities in communication, collaboration, and networking. They should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional organizational skills.
- Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers
- Develop tools to support mobile game development and other interventions
- Program games and applications in C/C++, Obj-C++, Java, iOS/Android SDKs, and our proprietary mobile platform
- 7+ year of professional development with iOS/Android
- 10+ years of relevant professional development experience
- Expert in C/C++, Obj-C++, Java, and iOS/Android SDKs
- Strong foundation in logic, computer science, and mathematics, including areas such as algorithms, optimization, and vector/matrix/3D math
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Works well in a team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Lead and/or managed a team of software engineers in the design and implementation of highly scalable and reliable Mobile or AAA games.
- Delivered multiple simultaneous projects on-time against competing deadlines using an Agile development methodology
- Written clean, manageable object oriented code on multiple platforms in multiple languages as part of a fast-paced, team-oriented, development team
- Worked on multiple games, with demonstrable work
- Picked up lots of solid real-life software design and implementation experience
- Developed a fondness and understanding of industry best practices, such as test driven development and version control, while working as part of an Agile development group
- Strong knowledge of Mobile development code and release process.
- Previous experience with managing the development and shipment of games on iOS or Android platforms
- Experience with building tools for games
- Comfortable with 3D programming
- Experience using OpenGL or OpenGLES
- 3 weeks paid vacation & 4 personal days per year (earn up to an extra week)
- Epic Fridays with catered lunch & afternoon social hour with drinks
- Game consoles, tables & a tonne of board games
- Lifestyle bonus for your favourite activity
- Company parties, traditions & team building events
- Transit subsidy
- Extended benefits package & MSP coverage
- Lunch & learns, massage chair, fully stocked kitchen, vitamix blender, company swag, team lunches and flexible work from home policy.
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities on our careers page: http://www.iugome.com/careers.html