16 years ago, our founder decided to start a mobile game company and called it IUGO, which in Latin means “to connect”. His vision was boldly to do just that; connect people through mobile games. Today we are the longest standing mobile games company in Canada with a wide variety of games under our belts including The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, PvPets, Middle-earth: Shadow of War and many more. Our team is full of intelligent and passionate foodies, beer connoisseurs, thrill seekers, musicians, fitness fanatics, leaders, dreamers and of course - GAMERS! For pictures and more information about our space and culture, check out our Instagram and the career page on our website.
- Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms in C++, using Xcode and our proprietary mobile platform.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers.
- Support the maintenance and execution of games as an online service.
- Expert level programming in modern C++.
- Strong foundation in logic and computer science, including areas such as algorithms, data schemas, back and forward compatibility and optimization.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and team collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Professional software engineering experience in game development or another industry.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline.
- Development experience with iOS, Android, Obj-C, Java or Xcode.
PERKS OF WORKING AT IUGO
- 3 weeks paid vacation & 4 personal days per year (earn up to an extra week)
- Epic Fridays with catered lunch & afternoon social hour with drinks (every week)
- Game consoles, tables & a tonne of board games
- Lifestyle bonus for your favourite activity
- Company parties, traditions & team building events
- Transit subsidy
- Extended benefits package
- Lunch & learns, massage chair, fully stocked kitchen, vitamix blender, company swag, team lunches and flexible work from home policy.